Current:Home > reviewsBuckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl' -Wealth Evolution Experts
Buckingham Palace staff under investigation for 'bar brawl'
EchoSense View
Date:2025-04-07 05:17:50
LONDON - Buckingham Palace said Friday it would investigate staff working for Britain's royal family following an after-party, which the Sun reported ended in a "punch-up" and "bar brawl."
Workers attended an early evening reception at Buckingham Palace before heading to a nearby bar to carry on the celebrations.
But their partying got out of hand, and police were called "after glasses were hurled and punches thrown," the Sun said.
Buckingham Palace said on Friday that palace officials were aware of an incident which had taken place outside the workplace following a reception at the official London residence of King Charles.
"While this was an informal social gathering, not an official Palace Christmas party, the facts will be fully investigated, with a robust disciplinary process followed in relation to individual staff and appropriate action taken," Buckingham Palace said in a statement.
Need a break?Play the USA TODAY Daily Crossword Puzzle.
Rough year for royals
News of the investigation comes against the backdrop of a tumultuous year for the royal family marked by illness and strained relations with Prince Harry and Duchess Meghan, who now reside in America.
Princess Kate announced earlier this year that she had been diagnosed with cancer, following a months-long public (and tabloid) fever about her whereabouts. After undergoing a course of preventative chemotherapy, the princess returned to royal duties, helping to share the workload with King Charles, who revealed his own cancer diagnosis in February, and Queen Camilla, who has been intermittently ill.
Princess Kate offers rare commenton 'challenging' year at Christmas concert
Meanwhile, across the pond, Harry and Meghan are locked in a number of legal battles with British publishers. The trial with Rupert Murdoch's News Group Newspapers, whom they are suing over phone hacking and illegally obtaining medical records, is expected to kick off in the coming weeks.
Contributing: Anna Kaufman, USA TODAY
Disclaimer: The copyright of this article belongs to the original author. Reposting this article is solely for the purpose of information dissemination and does not constitute any investment advice. If there is any infringement, please contact us immediately. We will make corrections or deletions as necessary. Thank you.
veryGood! (4363)
Related
- Selena Gomez engaged to Benny Blanco after 1 year together: 'Forever begins now'
- When will Drew Barrymore, Jennifer Hudson, more daytime stars return after writers' strike?
- Proof Patrick Mahomes Was Enchanted to Meet Taylor Swift After Game With Travis Kelce
- Who polices hospitals merging across markets? States give different answers.
- How to watch new prequel series 'Dexter: Original Sin': Premiere date, cast, streaming
- Scandal's Scott Foley Has the Best Response to Kerry Washington and Tony Goldwyn's #Olitz Reunion
- House Speaker McCarthy is back to square one as the Senate pushes ahead to avert a federal shutdown
- Who polices hospitals merging across markets? States give different answers.
- Off the Grid: Sally breaks down USA TODAY's daily crossword puzzle, Triathlon
- The Turkish government withdraws from a film festival after a documentary was reinstated
Ranking
- San Francisco names street for Associated Press photographer who captured the iconic Iwo Jima photo
- A Florida man and dog were attacked by a rabid otter. Here's what to know about the symptoms and treatment.
- After Inter Miami loses US Open Cup, coach insists Messi will play again this season
- 1000-Lb. Sisters' Tammy Slaton Shares New Glimpse at Weight Loss Transformation
- EU countries double down on a halt to Syrian asylum claims but will not yet send people back
- Bruce Springsteen postpones all 2023 concerts to treat peptic ulcer disease
- Wildfires can make your California red taste like an ashtray. These scientists want to stop that
- Video appears to show American solider who crossed into North Korea arriving back in the US
Recommendation
Warm inflation data keep S&P 500, Dow, Nasdaq under wraps before Fed meeting next week
Judge Tanya Chutkan denies Trump's request for her recusal in Jan. 6 case
Israel says it foiled Iranian plot to target, spy on senior Israeli politicians
Ex-Lizzo staffer speaks out after filing lawsuit against singer
Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
FTC Chair Lina Khan's lawsuit isn't about breaking up Amazon, for now
Koepka only identifies with 3 letters at Ryder Cup: USA, not LIV
Mel Tucker crossed an obvious line. How did he think this would end?